Passing Multiple Users As A String to a Person/Group Lookup Column in a SharePoint 2010 Workflows
The solution to finding out what format you need to use is to write a value of a multi-user lookup column, with multiple users already in it, to the Workflow History List and return the field as a string when you do.
Workflow History List
The workflow history can be found at an address like the below and is a hidden list – At least, I do not know of a way to navigate there other than typing in the url.
Syntax of multiple Person/Group User Lookup Column as a String
Return Field As
This Dropdown seems to appear only for Person/Group type columns.
- As String (Syntax is User ID Number and then User Name – ex: 96;#Emerson Bruce)
- Display Name
- Email Address
- Login Name
- User Id Number
Create Task & assign to users
- Action > Tasks > custom task process
- Click on “These Users”
- Participants: Select users or group
- Make sure Participants are set to “All at once”
Concatenate Multiple Users String As Tasks Are Completed
- Click on Task (#) link > change title appropriately
- Click on “Change behavior of a single task”
- When a task completes
- set TeamString (string) to the correctly formatted and concatenated string value
Advanced Actions with Outcomes
You can wrap the entire process in an outcome If statement!
In the example below, I have two possible outcomes, OptIn and OptOut.